Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Intermittent Fasting Experiment: Rating Scales

Here are the rating scales I developed to collect data on several aspects of my health/well-being during my fasting sessions.  I plan to complete the scales each day and compile the information, to compare and contrast my response to each type of fasting regimen:

Rating Scales

1 – Strongly Agree; 2 – Agree; 3 – Neutral; 4 – Disagree; 5 – Strongly Disagree

Hunger/Satiety

1)      I felt intense hunger (taking focus away from my normal activities) for most of my waking fasted hours.
2)      I felt intense hunger once or twice during my fast.
3)      I felt mild hunger for most of my waking, fasted hours.
4)      I felt mild hunger once or twice during my fast.
5)      I felt the desire to eat before my fast was over.
6)      I ate before the fast was supposed to be over.

Energy Levels

1)      I felt energetic (easily able to perform my normal physical activities) for most of my waking fasted hours.
2)      I felt normal cognition (easily able to perform my normal mental activities) for most of my waking fasted hours.
3)      I felt energetic (easily able to perform my normal activities) for some of my waking fasted hours.
4)      I felt normal cognition (easily able to perform my normal mental activities) for some of my waking fasted hours.
5)      I felt weak/tired (experiencing difficulty performing my normal physical activities) for most of my waking fasted hours.
6)      I felt impaired cognition (experiencing difficulty performing my normal mental activities) for most of my waking fasted hours.
7)      I felt weak/tired (experiencing difficulty performing my normal activities) for some of my waking fasted hours.
8)      I felt impaired cognition (experiencing difficulty performing my normal mental activities) for some of my waking fasted hours.

Mood

1)      I felt no changes in my mood during my waking fasted hours.
2)      I felt happy during most of my waking fasted hours.
3)      I felt happy during some of my waking fasted hours.
4)      I felt happy during none of my waking fasted hours.
5)      I felt depressed/anxious during most of my waking fasted hours.
6)      I felt depressed/anxious during some of my waking fasted hours.
7)      I felt depressed/anxious during none of my waking fasted hours.
8)      I felt lethargic during most of my waking fasted hours.
9)      I felt lethargic during some of my waking fasted hours.
10)  I felt lethargic during none of my waking fasted hours.
11)  I felt calm during most of my waking fasted hours.
12)  I felt calm during some of my waking fasted hours.
13)  I felt calm during none of my waking fasted hours.

Sleep
1)      I slept better during the week.
2)      I slept worse during the week.

My week was typical – there were no significant changes in my normal work, sleep or activity routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment