Monday, June 13, 2011

6/13/11: Fast-5 Day 1

6/13/11:  Fast-5 Day 1

Weight – 157

5:30am blood glucose – 88 mg/dL

Morning Update:  The morning is going by just fine.  I’ve had a few hunger pangs, but nothing major.  When I do feel hungry, I usually have a bit of water, and the sensation goes away.  The only other observation of note is that I feel colder this morning than I do on most mornings.  My plan is to walk at lunchtime and break my fast at 2pm (my daily eating window will be from 2pm to 7pm).  I’ll be checking my blood glucose levels again before I break the fast, and I’ll also be completing the rating scales at that time. 

2:00pm blood glucose – 83mg/dL

Afternoon Update:  I just took my walk (30 minutes at moderate pace) with a friend.  When we got back, I tested my blood sugar (see above).  I dropped 5mg/dL versus my morning fasted number.  I’m not sure what that means, if anything.  We’ll see if there is a similar pattern tomorrow.  Okay, now I’m going to get my “break-fast” together, consisting of chicken broth, a salad, 2 hard-boiled eggs and some cherries/berries.

 
Rating Scale Update:  I rated my hunger, energy and mood yesterday.  Here are the statements that I strongly agreed with:

  • I felt mild hunger once or twice during my fast.
  • I felt energetic (easily able to perform my normal physical activities) for most of my waking fasted hours.
  • I felt normal cognition (easily able to perform my normal mental activities) for most of my waking fasted hours. 
  • I felt no changes in my mood during my waking fasted hours.
  • My week was typical; there were no significant changes in my normal work, sleep or activity routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment