Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Weekend Failure


Ha!  Why did I decide to begin a new eating style on a holiday weekend?  It’s probably always best to start something like this on a Monday, as it’s easier to plan and execute a specific way of eating during the week.  Anyway, I failed to eat strict "Paleo" this weekend.  I ate cheese (way more than I care to admit), some of my son’s rice cereal, and some sourdough bread (I’m really going to have to rethink buying this bread for my husband – it’s way healthier for him than grocery store breat, but very, very tempting for me – I’m not sure I have the willpower to have it in the house).

Anyway, I’m putting a hold on going Paleo for a while.  My first n=1 revealed the following results:  I don’t respond well to certain eating limitations.  Deciding to cut out dairy caused me the crave it, and given that I was at home with easy access to cheese, I gave into these cravings.

I think my goal at this point is going to be to cut back on the small amount of dairy and grains I do eat.  When I went “low-carb,” this is how I did it.  I slowly reduced the amount of carbohydrates I ate, until I was eating less than 50 grams per day.

We’ll see how this new plan goes.  I’ll continue to post my food diaries from time to time, as well.   For now, we can call this experimental a “Paleo 2.0” or “Primal” eating plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment