Monday, May 16, 2011

Podcast Round Up - 5/14/11

Podcast Round-up for 5/14/11 (sorry, I meant to post this on Saturday, but I’m just getting to it now).

Okay, many bloggers online like to do a post on weekends that highlight other blogs/websites/articles that they found interesting.  I would like to do something similar, but with podcasts.  I listen to many great podcasts on a weekly basis, and will share with you each week the ones that I found the most helpful or interesting.

Here’s my Podcast Round-up for this week:

Sean Croxton (Underground Wellness) had a very interesting interview with Dr. John Neustat on bone health.  This was timely as I’m currently working on a blog post on this topic.  Vitamin K2 (MK-4) seems to be the best nutrient for avoiding bone fractures.

The always-entertaining T.S. Wiley was featured on the Dr. Lo Radio Show to discuss her book, Lights Out.  The book is about the importance of sleep for health, from a scientific and evolutionary perspective.  T.S. is a somewhat controversial figure in the blogosphere, but definitely has some insight on this topic.  I plan on reading Lights Out soon.  I’ll be sure to review it in a blog post when I do.

Latest in Paleo, as usual, had an amazing show, covering cellulose, a wood-based filler being used more and more in processed foods (cheap fiber = eating wood chips), a thoughtful take on the color of food and food dyes, and a short clip from James, an overweight man who recently went Paleo and is seeing great success in his weight loss, health and mental outlook, which is very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment