Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Eat Stop Eat – Fast #1

Onto the next fasting regimen, which is Eat Stop Eat, based on the book and website by Brad Pilon, found here.  The Eat Stop Eat method of intermittent fasting uses 24-hour fasts (1-2 per week).  I’ve perused the Eat Stop Eat ebook, and recommend the book to anyone who is thinking about trying this form of IF.  As with most things, it is prudent to understand the prescribed method before trying it.  The book also does a good job compiling and discussing the research behind IF, and its many health benefits.

The book recommends 1-2 24-hour fasts per week.  Ideally, the fasts are timed in a way that you never go an entire day without eating.  This way of IF makes it very sustainable to those of us who have gotten used to eating every day (and might have a hard time mentally dealing with a fast that restricts eating for an entire day, versus 24 hours over two days).

I am currently in the middle of my first 24-hour fast of this 2-week stretch.  So far, I’ve barely even felt any hunger.  I think my body has definitely made any needed adjustment to IF.  I stopped eating at 6:30pm last night.  So, as of right now, I have been fasting for 17 hours and only have 7 more hours to go before I can eat again.  Having a meal to look forward to, and knowing that I’ve got way more fasted time behind me than ahead of me, makes this fast very manageable.

Here are my stats, thus far:

Weight:  156
6:30am Blood Glucose – 88mg/dL

No comments:

Post a Comment